1. Each runner competes at their own responsibility.
2. By paying the registration fee, the participants accept the terms and conditions and agree to take part at their own risk.
3. Runners must be in good physical shape.
4. The race will take place in all weather conditions, unless the safety of the runners is at risk (extreme storm like in 2022 edition). In such cases the organizing committee will decide upon an alternative trail, alternative parts of the trail or complete cancellation of the race.
5. Due to the difficulty of the race, runners under the age of 18 cannot take part in 40, 60, 100 km distances.
6. The trail will be well marked (exclusively red flags in nature, marking tape in urban areas, sign posts at crossroads…). Race staff and volunteers will be present at key points in order to direct the runners.
7. The organizer does not accept liability for any damage or injury made by the competitors to themselves, to other competitors or to a third person.
8. Should the route marking be missing at given trail sections, runners have to report it at the nearest check point.
9. All runners must carry the mandatory gear.
10. All runners must follow the marked path. Any use of shortcuts and running out of the marked trail will be punished accordingly. In case you don’t see any route markings for more than 200 meters, go back to the last marking and re-check the possibility of continuing. Consult your GPS watch or mobile app.
11. The organizer reserves the right to change the routes.
12. By signing up, you allow the processing of your registration data in TREX and Ohrid Ultra-Trail databases* Click here to read complete RACE RULES
If a participant is unable to participate and wishes to cancel their registration, they must notify the organizers by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Procedures for reimbursement are as follows:
- Cancellation until 31.03.2024: 80% refund.
- Cancellation until 30.04.2024: 50% refund.
Reimbursements will be made by 30.06.2024 and are subject to deduction of bank charges pertaining to refund processing.
1. Changing races is possible ONLY BEFORE 30.04.2024. The runner must send a request by email to email@example.com specifying the race they are registered for and the one they would like to enter.
2. Passing bib number to another participant is possible ONLY BEFORE 30.04.2024. The runner must send a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10.05.2024, at latest, specifying the following details
- First and last name, date of birth, race bib number of the participant that cancels participation;
- First and last name, date of birth of participant that is the replacement.
- The request must come from the participant’s email who is already registered and with an assigned race bib number.
- The replacement participant must register as well, but not pay; the organizer will assign а bib number in the system.
3. Transferring race fee for next year's edition IS NOT ALLOWED.
4. Participation in other races instead of the race for which the athlete has registered IS NOT ALLOWED.
5. Bib number exchange or use by anyone other than a registered participant IS NOT ALLOWED.
Mandatory gear is meant for your own safety - don't underestimate the Power of Nature! In case of bad weather conditions, the event organizer has the right to ask for additional mandatory gear, which will be announced a day before race start. Find the full mandatory gear list in the Rules and Regulations of the race Ohrid Ultra-Trail - HERE.
Don't forget to bring the following equipment:
1. Mobile phone with roaming enabled - memorize the following numbers:
- Race organization phone +389 70 997 348 / (in case of drop-outs and getting lost)
- SOS mountain rescue phone +389 13-112 (in case of a medical emergency & rescue)
2. BIB number must be placed at the front of your body, on your t-shirt or shorts or a belt. Do not place the bib number on your running pack/vest - chances are it may not be validated by the electronic timing system!
3. Running with another runner's bib number - immediate disqualification.
4. Emergency blanket - it's a life-saver in case of hypothermia and freezing weather!!!
5. You need to bring your own drinking cup (15 cL minimum). There will be no plastic cups at aid stations, so each runner must provide their own even at the finish area.
6. You must carry additional batteries or an additional headlamp (100K and 60K races).
7. The waterproof jacket (10,000mm+) must have a hood and taped seams.
8. Basic first aid kit consists of at least a gauze, an elastic bandage and a packet of plasters.
9. Long trousers or leggings, which fully cover your skin (due to bad weather may be included in the mandatory gear).
10. Additional warm middle layer, which covers your arms in full (due to bad weather may be included in the mandatory gear).
There will be plenty of food and drinks on all Aid stations stated in the Timecharts but it is best to have spare energy gels, bars and liquids with you because the time between Aid Stations can vary from 1,5 to 3 hours (or even more) for different runners.
Fruits, vegetables, cheese, chips, salami, Cola, nuts, bars and chocolate are amongst the standard food choices you can find on our Aid Stations, and on a few of them you can enjoy hot soup, pasta, traditional Gjomleze and beer. There will be options for omnivores, vegetarians and vegans.
During the Ohrid Ultra-Trail® races, personal assistants acting as a runner’s support are only allowed at Aid stations. Assistants may only enter the area specifically designated for them and must comply with all instructions of aid station team leader and staff. You can find the PA - Personal Assistance aid points stated in the Official Race Timecharts.
On registration, participants authorize the organizers to freely use any images depicting athletes during their participation in Ohrid Ultra-Trail®, whether still or in movement, with no territorial or time limits.